Thursday, July 13, 2017

coffee table sketches

Normally I sketch by hand, but normally I make furniture with straight lines. The curvy details of this table require me to get a little more precise. So, I started playing with graph paper on my computer, and superimposing pictures of the table, so I can get approximate measurements and figure out how much wood I need. 


I know that the dimensions of the table are 33 inches in diameter by 18 inches tall. 34 is an easier number to work with, so I shrank a picture of the table down so that it fits into 34 graph squares. This will let me get measurements of the leg supports









To the right is a birds eye view of the table. The circle is cut from four boards. Using the graph paper I can determine that each board needs to be 24 x 7 (and probably I'll make them a little larger for wiggle room)


The sketches below won't make much sense to you, but they do to me! And that's what counts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment