Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Routing the finger joints

It's been a while since I updated the blog with my progress. Things went so smoothly with the building I just plowed forward. I'm nearly done now, but here's a rehashing of my progress.

The next step after I successfully routed the dados for the shelves was to rout the finger joints (box joints). I got a nice new router blade for this: an upcut spiral bit. A bit of fussing with the router jig, and I was churning out finely milled pieces like this test piece, seen here with some stain on it


With the test successful, I made quick work of all the remaining routing









No comments:

Post a Comment