Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Cutting dados and staining the sides

This week I made some good progress on the benches. I had made a jig for my router to cut a dado in the interior sides to accept the L-shaped shelves. So, this week I used the jig and cut all the dados, which was pleasingly easy. I also sanded and stained the inside faces of the side pieces, since those will be very hard to reach after everything is glued together.

The two last images are just a dry fit. The top is placed on lightly to hold things together. In the final assembly the top will be put together with a box joint. More on that in the next update