Monday, December 28, 2015

New Sconce lights

For a while, these posts will be in reverse chronological order, starting with some recent projects and going back to projects I did over the summer and fall. A month ago or so, I installed some much needed extra lighting in the sun room
. I wanted something that would illuminate the space in a way that didn't draw attention to itself. The room didn't need any extra aesthetic attraction, just more light. So I settled on two sconces that would more or less disappear once installed. One challenge was that it would be very difficult to wire in a switch for them. The solution: no switch! Instead I'd use wifi bulbs that could just be programmed to come on in the evening.
 The lights were wired from behind, accessing them from an upstairs bedroom. As you can see, it took some doing to fish the wire through the wall... why waste all that time with fish tape when you can just punch a fist-size hole in the wall every six inches until the job is done? The finished look is just what I wanted. And wifi bulbs are neato

No comments:

Post a Comment