Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dry Fit

Here's a preliminary dry fit of a table. The color discrepancy is because central sections aren't stained yet. The dry fit is is a slow process putting everything together because one must be very careful that everything is square. I'm fairly happy with how it looks, but I'll need to fill gaps in various places before I do the final glue-up. 


Interestingly, I like the double layer of simple lines less than I expected. Even though I took such pains to make sure the bottom panel is strong (as it's lined with plywood) it "looks" flimsy, and that worries me a little. Tomorrow I'll sketch out an option where it's bolstered by a front piece that runs horizontally. Great weather today - mid 60's, so it was great to be out this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment